Sittercity - Charged me for background check which was requested 7 months ago

In December of 2015 I found a babysitter for my daughter through the website.I immediately requested a background check through the website.

Since we did not receive a background check we stopped inviting her to babysit after a few weeks and found new babysitter. Now after 6.5 months our former baby sitter suddenly decided to accept background check and to my surprise the website charged me for that. It seems that they so into money that they forget to ask me whether this babysitter works for me or not.

I will not advise people to use this website because the website does not check background of the babysitters before they can post their profiles on the net.

The website stated that it takes up to 10 days to perform a background check.It did not ring the bell for customer service that may be something wrong that nanny did not agree on background check after 10 days a request was made?

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.
Report Comment Private message author

Sittercity Experience
Review category
Professional Services
review #874965 by

Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more

Had an experience with Sittercity? Submit review ›
Helpful? 0 Yes 0 0 No 0
Had the same issue 0 Yes 0
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan
Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.