Alexandria, Virginia
Resolved

In December of 2015 I found a babysitter for my daughter through the website.I immediately requested a background check through the website.

Since we did not receive a background check we stopped inviting her to babysit after a few weeks and found new babysitter. Now after 6.5 months our former baby sitter suddenly decided to accept background check and to my surprise the website charged me for that. It seems that they so into money that they forget to ask me whether this babysitter works for me or not.

I will not advise people to use this website because the website does not check background of the babysitters before they can post their profiles on the net.

The website stated that it takes up to 10 days to perform a background check.It did not ring the bell for customer service that may be something wrong that nanny did not agree on background check after 10 days a request was made?

Reason of review: Problems with payment.

Had an Experience with Sittercity?

Comments

user64346717
Elmwood Park, New Jersey, United States #1180119

Company resolved issue quickly. They issued full refund.

Thumbtack - Great Concept, but too many Fraudulent Requests for Services are Robot Generated! Thumbtack "I had reservations about THUMBTACK for quite some time now but I gave it a chance. I like the concept but CERTAINLY do not believe the professionals should be..." Read more ClaimFame is a SCAM! ClaimFame "This is a warning: The website, Claimfame.com is a complete Fraud. The Casting Notices listed on there are NOT sent in by the Casting Directors of the projects, so there..." Read more YouCaring - You caring scam. YouCaring "I had a very negative experience with you caring. A friend of mine had started a fundraiser to help her dog rescue. A few days into the fundraiser,..." Read more Thumbtack - Failure to full fill verbal painting contract. Thumbtack "PRISTINE, Megan Stotts was fully oriented on required painting 7 rooms w/connecting hallways, Stotts agreed to do the entire job for $3500, with a starting date of 12 November,2016. A..." Read more Bella Serata - Ripoff - right under our nose Bella Serata "The special was to buy the trial product (30ml) jar of Bella Serata and at the page where you add your CC# info there is a small link at the..." Read more Kohls - Khol's Cash Kohls "This program is a scam............if you forget or one day past the expiration date you are screwed. Even the store manage will not help you. No one is perfect and..." Read more Pissed Consumer - Consumer Opinion LLC. d/b/a PissedConsumer.com Sucks ***! Pissed Consumer "Do Not Use, Nor Write Reviews For Consumer Opinion LLC. d/b/a PissedConsumer.com! I have been writing for the Consumer Opinion LLC. d/b/a PissedConsumer.com website which the latter part is the..." Read more Long And Foster Home Warranty - Pass the buck. Long And Foster Home Warranty "Ive had to plumbers at my house to fix a drain stopper in a bathtub. In most cases this would be a very simple fix. The first plumber came out..." Read more