1.4
Turnaround Time

I had a billing issue and ended up with 2 separate accounts, both charging me monthly. It took weeks of calling and emailing to get a response.

When I finally got a call it was at 5:55 pm and I was walking into the daycare to pick up my son. The pickup deadline was 6 pm and I would be charged $10/minute for late pickups. The customer service person began by insisting that the error was all my fault. My point was "fine, perhaps it was ...

please just fix it. I don't need 2 accounts and I'll even accept the fact that I paid double for the last 3 months ... just fix it and let me get off the phone." He kept berating me that it was my fault, refused to move on to how or if it would be fixed, and refused to postpone the conversation so that I could pick up my son. By now I was already $50 into late pickup fees and I angrily said something to the effect "just fix it, forget any refund, call me tomorrow and let me get off the d*mned phone now!".

His response: "I don't need to listen to that talk ... I'm canceling your membership" and he hung up on me.

So I guess I got what I wanted (no more charges from them) but it was hardly the treatment I expected or deserved. The real kicker here is that you would think they would understand that it was pickup time and I needed to get off the phone as it was costing me $10/minute AND my son was inside waiting for me.

Review about: Sittercity Customer Care.

Comments

SittercityCares
Chicago, Illinois, United States #1289223
Sittercity Verified Representative

We are so sorry to hear about your poor experience with us! At Sittercity, our goal is for every customer (past or present) to walk away satisfied.Please reach out to us at support@sittercity.com with the subject: "PSC REVIEW", so that we may assist you. We would like to resolve your complaint if possible.

to Sittercity Bellevue, Washington, United States #1298195

Thanks ... no thanks.

Discovering the double billing, contacting customer service, waiting weeks for action and then finally being insulted ...

I

have no illusions that anything will be resolved.

...

and there's no need. I'm perfectly happy with care.com.

New York, New York, United States #1275843

SITTERCITY IS A SCAM! THEY TAKE YOUR MONEY AND LOCK YOU OUT OF YOUR ACCOUNT! Happened to me and a friend!