I am no where connected to this site but unfortunately I was a references to someone who had a account at sittercity. I was contacted by someone who was interested in contacting that person's account who I was listed as a reference for.

I told them about it and they said it was a scam. They reported it to the site and deleted my information. I thought it was all over and I am still getting scam texts from different number claiming to be from sittercity trying to come contact my friend. I've been blocking them, last time I texted I will report them report them to the authorities.

They repeated the text 20 times! You would think this site would offer more protection for its user and people associated.

Product or Service Mentioned: Sittercity Account.

Company wrote 1 public responses to the review from Jul 31, 2017.

Comments

Sittercity
Sittercity Verified Representative

Thanks so much for reaching out to us, and I'm sorry to hear about that experience.

The trust & safety of our members is something that we do take very seriously, and we understand how frustrating this experience would be.

Being a public site, so some scammers do find a way through registration and may try contacting sitters or references that are listed on sitter's profile.

We do scan our site daily for scams, and will remove their accounts so that they are no longer on the site.

If your name has been removed as a reference, this will prevent any new scammers from viewing your contact information. However, it may take some time for the scammer who had originally contacted you to discontinue communication.

We recommend not responding at all to their texts and they should eventually stop contacting you.

If you have any questions, please reach out to our Member Services team, reference this review, and we would be happy to help. Please note that Member Services is open Monday - Friday, 8am-4pm CST.