Alma, Arkansas

I recently applied to be a sitter, filled out every question, added references, and purchased a background check. When I would attempt to apply for jobs, a message continually popped up saying they were still "verifying" my account, but no information on what they had to verify.

Today, I was unable to login. Assuming it was a password problem, I contacted their help center. They told me I has "violated the terms of use" but could not tell me what I did wrong. She told me to review the terms of use to see what I did wrong, so I read the whole thing- I did NOT violate one term!

I called the bank, got my money back, but had to close my account to avoid any further charges. SCAM! I have worked with children with Autism for a year and a half, have a perfectly clean background, and followed ALL prompts while applying to the site. I did NOTHING to violate anything!

They should be forced to have to tell applicants HOW they violated their terms of use. In the terms of use, it says they may deactivate your account "for any reason, or no reason at all" and that does not seem very legit.

How can you deactivate an account for no reason at all?!! Needless to say, I am a pissed consumer!

Product or Service Mentioned: Sittercity Background Check.

Comments