As a nanny, Sittercity.com takes little to no precaution to protect nannies from scammers that come on the site posting fake jobs. The job offers a large salary and when the nanny contacts the prospective employer, the scammer convinces the nanny to send them money.

I don't want to explain exactly how it's done for fear of giving dishonest, unscrupulous people any ideas. I will say that as an older, experienced nanny, I'm able to spot a scammer immediately. I can't say the same for young, unsuspecting nannies. If I can spot a scammer, so can Sittercity.com, but it appears to me that they just don't care.

As long as they receive their fee for a job post, a scammer can post as many fake jobs as they like.

You don't see the same thing happen on Care.com because they read through every single job posting before they approve it and allow it to run.

This reviewer shared experience about not as described and wants this business to read this review and look into the issue (if any). This person is overall dissatisfied with Sittercity. Reviewer wants customer support to reach our to him or her ASAP for further discussion of this matter.

Also, you can continue reading comments about Sittercity.

Check out the best and the worst companies in Auctions and Marketplaces category for more informed decision or compare Sittercity to other companies on our site.

Comments

Citrus Heights, California, United States #1221245

I'm with you. The scammers are obvious but I worry for younger people. It's disappointing that there is no way to flag them.