I was trying to sign up as a babysitter and it immediately notified me that I didn't pass their "check" and proceeded to tell me the very expensive packages I could purchase to have a background check ran, which would be the only way to join the site. So, in actuality all they want is to charge your card for a bogus background check.

This reviewer shared experience and wants this business to read this review and look into the issue (if any). The author is overall dissatisfied with Sittercity. Reviewer wants customer support to reach out to him or her ASAP for further discussion of this matter.

Also, you can continue reading comments about Sittercity.

Check out the best and the worst companies in Auctions and Marketplaces category for more informed decision or compare Sittercity to other companies on our site.

Comments

Sittercity
Sittercity Verified Representative

Thank you for leaving your feedback! We apologize for the experience you had on our website.

When a sitter joins our site, we do an Identification Verification. It sounds like the information you entered to register did not pass our identification screening, so our system then prompted you to purchase and complete a background check to verify your account.

Since typically this is not a requirement and it is free to use our site to apply for jobs, we are always happy to refund the background check charge when that happens. If you are currently still experiencing an issue signing up on our website, please feel free to reach out to our Member Services team Monday through Friday 8am to 4pm CST.