Turnaround Time

The website requires potential hires to subscribe to a monthly background check membership after you "fail" the no-charge name and address verification. I am currently employed as a part-time researcher working with children ages 3 yrs to 5 yrs.

I am also currently employed as a substitute teacher working with minors. Both these agencies perform fingerprinting background checks. Additionally, I have worked for other agencies that require fingerprinting background checks. I understand the importance of maintaining children safe, but I am offended that my name and address failed their background check since I have lived at the same address for 16 years and have worked for federally funded agencies that run true in-depth background checks that cost about $50.

Trust me, my name and address come up on the most basic searches. At $9.99 per month for their most basic background check, a sitter is paying about $120 a year and is promoted as having a basic badge (they give badges based on how much you pay per month). This benefits neither the person seeking employment nor the family seeking a sitter. However, it benefits Sittercity's profits since the background fee is collected prior to employment.

A job seeker could pay $9.99 per month for the basic badge until infinity and this won't guarantee that families will employ you. I saw the sitter position posted on Indeed.com and the short term assignment and part-time split-shift schedule seemed perfect for my current availability.

Review about: Sittercity Website.

Comments

Honolulu, Hawaii, United States #1321714

I just signed up for Sittercity and the last step was to verify my identity. I typed in my name and address, which has been the same for the past 17 years, and is on my driver's license.

I immediately got an auto response message saying my "identity could not be verified," unless I paid for a background check of $9.99 (recurring each month!)

What a total scam.

I think the whole babysitting website is a front for this "background check" scam. Parents and sitters, don't fall for it!

Poughkeepsie, New York, United States #1301801

Are you available to work during April 10-18 at Pocono Manor...I have a group in and need evening sitters? Email me at donna1109@live.com

Sittercity
Chicago, Illinois, United States #1301056
Sittercity Verified Representative

Hi there, We are so sorry to hear about your poor experience with us! At Sittercity, our goal is for every customer (past or present) to walk away satisfied.

All sitters go through a verification process on our site.

We would absolutely like to get this resolved for you if possible. If you could email us at support@sittercity.com with the title "PSC review, verification issue" we will be able to help you get set up to find jobs on our site.